If you’re getting the hang of the basics of Excel, you’re ready to learn about the most powerful thing Excel has: it’s built-in functions.
In the following tutorials I’ll show you how to get the most out of Excel’s functions and give clear examples walking you through them step-by-step.
- SUM, COUNT & AVERAGE functions: In this lesson you’ll learn everything you need to know about the different variations of these three functions. I’ll show you how to sum, count, and average ranges in total, or based on one or more criteria.
- Logical functions: In this lesson I’ll teach you how to use logical statements like IF, AND, OR which you’re going to use a lot in your Excel work.
- Date and Time functions: When you’re working with business data you’re often dealing with date and time data. In this tutorial I teach you how to make dates and how to add and subtract time.
- Text functions: There will be times where you need to manipulate strings to extract useful information. In this lesson I’ll teach you how to do this with a wide range of text functions.
- Financial functions: Excel has a wide range of functions that you can use for financial calculations. In this tutorial I’ll teach you how to use different functions related to a mortgage payment example.
- Statistical functions: If you’re doing any numerical data analysis work in Excel these statistical functions will help you get insights into your data.
- Rounding functions: Sometimes, you want to round some numbers up or down. In this easy lesson I’ll show you how.
- Formula errors: Don’t worry if you’re seeing error messages when you’re using Excel functions – it happens to the best. In this tutorial I’ll show you what the errors mean and how you can fix them.